“Our current healthcare system has left pain management patients behind. Therefore, my goal is to make sure patients in pain receive the care they deserve and are able to live a high quality of life.”
Dr. Andrew Koogler, MD is an interventional pain management physician at Puget Sound Pain Clinic and a board-certified anesthesiologist. He currently works at both the Tukwila and Covington clinic locations. He serves patients from all over King and Pierce counties, including Auburn, Bellevue, Des Moines, Federal Way, Kent, Lakewood, Maple Valley, Renton, Puyallup, Seattle and Tacoma.
Dr. Koogler strives to improve the quality of life for all patients affected with chronic pain. He focuses on an integrative treatment approach and looks at each patient’s goals. By doing so, Dr. Koogler works with each patient to create custom treatment options. These treatments may include lifestyle modifications, medication management, injections, spinal cord stimulation, intrathecal pumps, ketamine infusions and/or regenerative medicine. Dr. Koogler continuously educates himself and attends training on the latest treatments for pain patients. Therefore, he ensures his patients have all the latest tools available for their treatment.
- Medication management
- Minimally invasive procedures (radiofrequency ablation)
- Neuromodulation (spinal cord stimulation and peripheral nerve stimulation)
- Intrathecal pumps (cancer pain, chronic pain and spasticity)
- Ketamine infusions
- Regenerative medicine (platelet-rich plasma [PRP], stem cells, exosomes and prolotherapy)
- Buprenorphine and Suboxone
- Interventional Pain Medicine Fellowship – Columbia University/New York-Presbyterian, New York, NY
- Anesthesiology Residency – The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) – Northeast Ohio Medical University, Rootstown, OH
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) – University of Akron, Akron, OH